Shrunken Body Syndrome

You ever get that strange feeling like you're too big for your body? It doesn't matter how you stretch or contort, you're just too vast to be contained in this shell. And  I'm not talking metaphorically, I mean you physically can't stand the discomfort. It happens to me every now and again, which only adds to my building frustration. It always dissipates for one reason or another - sometimes all it takes a career change or move, a fling or a trip. More often than not, I'll just settle back into routine and simply forget that anything happened.

I don't know, maybe I am crazy. But I do know that this feeling isn't linked to depression; it isn't marked by the usual hopelessness. All I can do while I search for a solution is try not to explode... god knows it won't be pretty if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment