The Power of a Good Friend (aka: Melon-Farming Superheroes)

So, I have this friend, a really great one. I haven't known him for as long as some other buddies, but he's actually one of the best that I have. Let me explain to you why:

Some times (a lot of times, actually) I feel like I'm alone and I have to struggle with life's hurdles without help from others. It's mainly because I don't know how to ask for help, and I am easily disappointed - unjustly so. I can't expect people to just read my mind and know that I need help, but I kind of do it anyway. So I've taken on the mentality that if I don't have expectations of others, I won't be disappointed. It's a win-win, right?

But this friend, he surprises me all the time. Just when I am starting to feel so completely isolated I lose hope, this guy swoops in and saves my day. Sometimes he knows I just need some one to have a five minute chat with (or vent to) over a smoke. Some times he rescues me from my life altogether. It's kind of hard to explain, but he has a way of making me talk my issues out till they're not issues anymore. His advice is always sound, and I listen gladly to what he has to say. He is my Voice of Reason when my Logical Self has checked out for the day. And in being so, he redeems all the negative thoughts I had about how one-sided friendships can be. 

Truly, if you have even only one friend who makes you feel this way, you are blessed just like me.



No comments:

Post a Comment